There are many kid friendly things to do in Chiautempan, Mexico. One of the most popular is to visit the zocalo, or main square. Here, kids can run and play while adults can sit and relax in the cafes and restaurants that surround the zocalo. There is also a playground and a small amusement park in the zocalo. Another popular activity is to visit the colonial city of Tlalpujahua de Jimenez. This city is known for its colorful houses and quaint shops. Kids will enjoy exploring the streets and stopping in the shops to look at the traditional Mexican candy and toys. There is also a small amusement park here with rides and games.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Chiautempan, Mexico
1. Visit the archaeological site of El Arbol del Tule: The El Arbol del Tule is a massive tree located in the town of Santa Maria del Tule. The tree is over 2,000 years old and is the widest tree in the world, measuring in at over 36 meters in circumference. Visitors can walk around the tree and learn about its history from the on-site museum.
2. Take a hike up to the Tepozteco Pyramid: The Tepozteco Pyramid is located just outside of Chiautempan and offers amazing views of the surrounding area. Visitors can hike to the top of the pyramid and explore the ancient ruins that are located there.
3. Visit the Cueva de los Cristales: The Cueva de los Cristales is a cave located in the town of San Luis Potosi that is home to some of the largest crystals in the world. Visitors can take a tour of the cave and see the crystals up close.
4. Take a dip in the Thermal baths of San Pedro P boiled: The Thermal baths of San Pedro P boiled are located in the town of San Pedro P boiled and are a popular spot for locals and tourists alike. The baths are fed by hot springs and offer a variety of different pools and temperatures to choose from.
5. Visit the ancient city of Teotihuacan: The ancient city of Teotihuacan is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Mexico. The city is home to a number of ancient ruins, many of which can be explored by visitors.
6. Take a tour of the Palacio de Bellas Artes: The Palacio de Bellas Artes is a prominent building located in the city of Mexico City. The building is home to a number of different art galleries and museums, and visitors can take a tour of the premises.
7. Visit the National Museum of Anthropology: The National Museum of Anthropology is one of the most popular museums in Mexico. The museum houses a number of different exhibits on the history and culture of Mexico, and visitors can learn a lot about the country by touring the facility.
8. Take a walk through Chapultepec Park: Chapultepec Park is one of the largest parks in Mexico City and is a great place to take a leisurely stroll. The park is home to a number of different attractions, including a zoo, an aviary, and a number of different museums.
9. Visit the floating gardens of Xochimilco: The floating gardens of Xochimilco are located just outside of Mexico City and are a popular spot for tourists. The gardens are home to a number of different plant and animal species, and visitors can take a boat ride through the canals.
10. Go on a safari at the African Safari Park: The African Safari Park is located in the town of Puebla and is a popular spot for tourists. The park is home to a number of different animals, including lions, tigers, and elephants. Visitors can take a tour of the premises and see the animals up close.