Chiang Mai is a beautiful city in Thailand that is filled with kid-friendly activities. From temples and gardens to zoos and markets, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
Some of the must-see attractions in Chiang Mai include the Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep temple, which is located on a mountainside and offers stunning views of the city. The Baan Haw Mosque is also a popular spot, as it is the largest mosque in all of Thailand. For those interested in history, the Chiang Mai City Arts & Cultural Center is a great place to learn about the culture and history of the city.
For kids, there are plenty of fun activities to enjoy. The Chiang Mai Zoo is a great place to see a variety of animals, while the markets are a great place to find souvenirs and cheap trinkets. The Mae Ping River is a great place to cool off with a swim or take a boat ride, and there are also several waterparks in the city that are perfect for a hot day.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Chiang Mai, Thailand
1. Visit Wat Phra That Doi Suthep: This temple is located on top of a mountain and offers amazing views of the city. There are many stairs to climb, but it is worth it!
2. Take a stroll through the old city: The old city is full of temples, markets, and small streets to explore. It is a great place to take a walk and experience the culture.
3. Visit the Elephant Nature Park: This park is a sanctuary for elephants. You can visit and learn about these amazing animals and even help with their care.
4. Go for a bike ride: There are many great bike paths in Chiang Mai. It is a great way to see the city and get some exercise.
5. Visit the Sunday Walking Street Market: This market is full of food, crafts, and other goods. It is a great place to find souvenirs and try local foods.
6. Take a cooking class: Chiang Mai is known for its delicious food. A cooking class is a great way to learn how to cook some of the local dishes.
7. Visit Doi Inthanon National Park: This national park is home to many different types of plants and animals. You can hike through the forest or see the waterfalls.
8. Go whitewater rafting: There are many rivers in Chiang Mai that are perfect for whitewater rafting. It is a great way to get outside and have some fun.
9. Take a Thai massage class: Thai massage is a unique and relaxing experience. A class will teach you how to perform this type of massage.
10. Go zip-lining: For a thrill, go zip-lining through the jungle. It is a great way to see the forest from above.