There are many kid friendly things to do in Chesterfield, Virginia. One of the most popular is to visit the Science Museum of Virginia. This museum has many hands on exhibits that kids can enjoy. They also have a planetarium where kids can learn about the night sky. Another popular attraction is the Chesterfield County Fair. This fair has rides, games, and food for the whole family. Kids can also enjoy the many parks in Chesterfield. These parks have playgrounds, picnic areas, and hiking trails.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Chesterfield, Virginia
1. Visit the Children’s Museum of Richmond. The Children’s Museum of Richmond is a great place for kids to learn and explore. There are interactive exhibits on science, history, art, and culture. The museum also has a kid-friendly cafe and a gift shop.
2. Take a scenic drive down the Virginia Byway. The Virginia Byway is a beautiful road that winds through the Virginia countryside. It is a great place to take a scenic drive with the kids.
3. Visit the Maymont Estate. The Maymont Estate is a historic mansion and grounds that are open to the public. Visitors can take tours of the mansion, explore the gardens, and see the animals in the Maymont Farm.
4. Go fishing at Powhatan State Park. Powhatan State Park is a great place to take the kids fishing. The park has a stocked pond and a river where kids can catch bass, catfish, and sunfish.
5. Visit the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts is a great place to take the kids to see some amazing art. The museum has a wide variety of art from different cultures and time periods.
6. Go on a hike at Pocahontas State Park. Pocahontas State Park is a great place to take the kids hiking. The park has over 10 miles of trails to explore.
7. Play at the Splash Valley Water Park. Splash Valley Water Park is a great place for kids to cool off and have some fun. The park has a lazy river, slides, and a pool with a beach.
8. Visit the Stonewall Jackson Shrine. The Stonewall Jackson Shrine is a historic site that commemorates the life of Confederate General Stonewall Jackson. Visitors can tour the shrine and see artifacts from Jackson’s life.
9. Take a ride on the Virginia Railway Express. The Virginia Railway Express is a passenger train that
runs between Richmond and Northern Virginia. The kids will love riding the train and seeing the sights along the way.
10. Go on a hayride at the Meadow Farm Museum. The Meadow Farm Museum is a working farm that is open to the public. Visitors can take a hayride around the farm, see the animals, and learn about farm life.