Looking for something fun to do with the kids in Chester, Pennsylvania? Look no further! Chester is home to many kid-friendly attractions, activities, and events that the whole family will enjoy. Check out some of our favorites below.
The Delaware County Memorial Library is a great place to take the kids for storytime, crafts, and more. The Crooked Billet Conservation Area is perfect for a nature hike or picnic. The John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge is a must-visit for bird and wildlife enthusiasts of all ages. For a day of family fun, head to Drexelbrook Park for a game of tennis, basketball, or soccer, or take a dip in the pool.
Looking for some indoor fun? kidSPACE at the Delaware County Community College is a great option. The Discovery Center Science Museum is perfect for a rainy day, and the Brandywine Zoo is always a hit with the kids.
No matter what your interests are, you’re sure to find something to keep the kids entertained in Chester, Pennsylvania!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Chester, Pennsylvania
1. Visit the Chester Zoo: The Chester Zoo is a great place for kids to learn about animals and their habitats. There are over 3,000 animals at the zoo, including lions, tigers, and elephants. Kids will also enjoy the zoo’s many educational programs and activities.
2. Go to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire: The Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire is a great place for kids to experience 16th century life. They can watch knights joust, try out archery, and eat traditional Renaissance food.
3. Take a ride on the West Chester Railroad: The West Chester Railroad is a great way for kids to see Chester County. The train runs through some of the most scenic parts of the county, including the Brandywine Valley.
4. Visit the Brandywine River Museum: The Brandywine River Museum is a great place for kids to learn about the history of the area. They can see paintings by famous artists, tour a restored gristmill, and see how local residents lived in the 18th century.
5. Go to the Longwood Gardens: The Longwood Gardens is a great place for kids to see beautiful flowers and plants. They can also take a ride on the merry-go-round, play in the fountain, and explore the maze.
6. Visit the QVC Studio Park: The QVC Studio Park is a great place for kids to see how television is made. They can take a tour of the studio, meet some of the on-air personalities, and see a live show.
7. Take a hike in Valley Forge National Historical Park: Valley Forge National Historical Park is a great place for kids to explore the outdoors. They can hike along the many trails, see the historic buildings, and visit the graves of the soldiers who died here.
8. Go to the Elmwood Park Zoo: The Elmwood Park Zoo is a great place for kids to see animals from all over the world. They can see tigers, giraffes, and penguins, and visit the petting zoo.
9. Play at the playgrounds in Friendship Park: Friendship Park is a great place for kids to play. There are two playgrounds, one for younger kids and one for older kids. There is also a spray ground, a basketball court, and a picnic area.
10. Visit the Chester Children’s Museum: The Chester Children’s Museum is a great place for kids to learn about science and history. They can try out experiments, play in the water table, and dress up in historic costumes.