Chester is a historic town in Maryland with a number of kid-friendly activities. The town has a number of parks, including a playground, a splash pad, and a skate park. There are also a number of restaurants and cafes that are kid-friendly. In addition, the town has a number of historic sites that kids will enjoy, including the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal and the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Museum.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Chester, Maryland
1. Rent a boat from the Chester River Yacht and Country Club and explore the Chester River by boat.
2. Go fishing at any of the many public docks and piers on the Chester River.
3. Visit the Chestertown Tea Party Museum and learn about the history of the famous Chestertown Tea Party.
4. Go for a walk or bike ride on the Chester River Heritage Trail.
5. Visit the Drum Point Lighthouse and learn about the history of this historic lighthouse.
6. Go crabbing in the Chester River – many public docks and piers have crabbing gear available for rent.
7. Take a scenic river cruise on the Chester River from any of the many river cruise companies.
8. Visit the Washington College campus and tour the historic buildings.
9. Play mini golf at any of the several mini golf courses in Chester.
10. Visit one of Chester’s many parks, such as Wilmerding Park or Martinak State Park.