Charlotte Court House is located in the beautiful state of Virginia. This town is rich in history dating back to the American Revolution. TheCharlotte Court House Historic District is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is one of the most well-preserved courthouses in the country. Visitors can take a tour of the courthouse, see the law library, and view various artifacts on display. The town is also home to the Charlotte Court House Museum which features a variety of exhibits on the town’s history.
There are many kid-friendly things to do in Charlotte Court House. The town has several parks that are perfect for a picnic or a game of catch. The Piedmont Environmental Council Nature Trail is a great place to take a walk and learn about the local plant and animal life. Kids will also enjoy visiting the town’s two libraries, the Charlotte Court House Library and the Lynchburg Public Library. Both libraries offer a variety of children’s books and activities.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Charlotte Court House, Virginia
1. Visit the Museum of Virginia Traditional Music. This museum is dedicated to preserving and promoting the music of Virginia. The museum has a collection of over 5,000 musical instruments and artifacts, as well as a library of over 10,000 recordings. The museum also offers educational programs, concerts, and workshops.
2. Attend a performance at the Charlotte Courthouse Opera House. The Opera House is a historic theater that hosts a variety of live performances throughout the year, including music, theater, and dance.
3. Go on a hike at the Charlotte Court House Wildlife Management Area. The Wildlife Management Area is a great place to hike, bike, or horseback ride. There are miles of trails to explore, as well as a variety of wildlife to see.
4. Visit the Charlotte Court House Farmer’s Market. The Farmer’s Market is open from April through October and offers a variety of locally grown produce, baked goods, and crafts.
5. Play mini golf at the Charlotte Court House Family Fun Center. The Family Fun Center is a great place to take the kids for a day of fun. In addition to mini golf, the center also has an arcade, laser tag, and a snack bar.
6. Go fishing at the Charlotte Court House Fishing Pond. The Fishing Pond is stocked with a variety of fish, including bass, catfish, and sunfish. A fishing license is required for those 16 years of age and older.
7. Have a picnic at the Charlotte Court House Historic District. The Historic District is a beautiful spot for a picnic, with towering trees and a picturesque pond.
8. Take a scenic drive down the Charlotte Court House Heritage Trail. The Heritage Trail is a 10-mile scenic byway that takes you through the historic town of Charlotte Court House.
9. Visit the Charlotte Court House Civil War Battlefield. The Battlefield is the site of the Battle of Charlotte Court House, which was fought in 1865. The battlefield is now a peacefully park, with walking trails and interpretive signage.
10. Enjoy a meal at one of Charlotte Court House’s many restaurants. Charlotte Court House is home to a variety of restaurants, including barbecue, Italian, Chinese, and American fare.