If you’re looking for kid-friendly fun in Charlestown, Maryland, you’ll find plenty to keep the little ones entertained. Take them to the North Beach Boardwalk for a stroll, visit the Annmarie Sculpture Garden & Arts Center, or explore the Charlestown Heritage Museum. For some outdoor fun, head to one of the city’s many parks, such as Jackson Park or Mattingsly Park. And don’t forget to check out theCharlestown Farmer’s Market for fresh, local produce and goodies.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Charlestown, Maryland
1. Take a stroll through Charlestown’s historic district and learn about the town’s rich history.
2. Visit the Maryland Archaeological Conservation Laboratory and see how archaeologists preserve and study artifacts.
3. Visit the Gunpowder Falls State Park and hike or bike the trails.
4. Go kayaking or canoeing on the Chesapeake Bay.
5. Visit the Calvert Marine Museum and see the many cool exhibits on maritime history and the natural world.
6. Take a tour of the Chesapeake Bay Foundation’s ecological restoration center and learn about their efforts to protect and restore the Bay.
7. Go crabbing in the Chesapeake Bay.
8. Visit the Maryland Zoo and see the many animals that live there.
9. Play mini golf at one of Charlestown’s many courses.
10. Go to the movies at the downtown cinema.