There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Charlestown, Indiana! For outdoor fun, you can explore Big Four Bridge Park, which has a playground, fountain, and walking trails. The Louisville Zoo and Waterfront Park are also nearby.
If you’re looking for something indoors, the Charlestown Arts and Enrichment Center offers classes and workshops for kids of all ages. The world-renowned Muhammad Ali Center is also located in Charlestown and is a great place to learn about the life and legacy of the boxing legend.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Charlestown, Indiana
1. Visit Santa’s Candy Castle – This Christmas-themed attraction features a variety of fun activities for kids, including a visit with Santa, decorating cookies, painting ornaments, and making reindeer food.
2. Go Ice Skating at Charlestown Civic Center – The Civic Center’s ice rink is open to the public for skating during the winter months. Skate rentals are available on site.
3. Enjoy a Hayride at Charlestown State Park – Charlestown State Park offers hayrides pulled by a tractor during the fall and winter months. Rides depart from the Park Office and last about 30 minutes.
4. Visit the Dinosaur Park – Charlestown’s Dinosaur Park features more than a dozen life-size dinosaurs, a playground, and a picnic area.
5. constraints Take a Walk on the Charlestown Riverwalk – The Riverwalk is a paved trail that runs along the banks of the Ohio River. It’s a great place to take a leisurely stroll or go for a run.
6. Attend a Show at Little Theatre on the Square – Little Theatre on the Square is a community theatre that presents a variety of live stage productions throughout the year.
7. Play at the Charlestown Playhouse – The Playhouse is a indoor playground that features a variety of fun activities for kids, including a four-story slides, climbing walls, and a toddler play area.
8. Get Wet at the Splash Pad – The Splash Pad is a water playground that features a variety of spraying and spraying water features. It’s located in Green Tree Park and is open seasonally.
9. Go for a Bike Ride – Charlestown is home to a number of scenic bike trails that wind through the parks and along the river.
10. Take a Hike – Charlestown State Park and Charlestown Recreation Park offer a variety of hiking trails for all skill levels.