While Chappaqua might not be the first town that comes to mind when you think of kid-friendly activities, there are actually quite a few things to do in the area that are perfect for children. For starters, the town is home to several parks, including Horace Greeley Park and Gedney Park, both of which have playgrounds and plenty of space to run around. If your family enjoys the outdoors, there are also several hiking trails in the area, including the Westchester Trail which is perfect for a leisurely stroll.
In addition to parks and hiking trails, Chappaqua also has a few fun places to eat and drink. The Chappaqua Farmer’s Market is a great place to grab a bite to eat, and they have a wide selection of food trucks that rotate on different days. For a sweet treat, stop by the Little Beet Farm Stand, where you can buy homemade ice cream. And if you’re looking for a place to grab a drink, stop by the Knaus Berry Farm, where you can get fresh juice and smoothies made with fruits and vegetables grown right on the farm.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Chappaqua, New York
1. Walk or bike along the Rail Trail.
2. Visit the Mattice Park playground.
3. Visit the Robert Thomson resize playground.
4. Go fishing at the Chappaqua Pond.
5. Play tennis at the Chappaqua Tennis Center.
6. Have a picnic at the Chappaqua Commons.
7. Go for a swim at the Chappaqua Pool.
8. Play basketball at the Robert E. Bell Middle School.
9. Go for a walk or bike ride on the Chappaqua Loop.
10. Visit the Farmer’s Market on Saturdays.