Chandrakona is a small town in the West Midnapore district of the Indian state of West Bengal. It is situated on the banks of the River Sankh. The town is a hub of cultural and historical importance. Chandrakona was once the capital of the kingdom of Mallabhum. The kingdom was ruled by the Malla dynasty from the 8th century to the 12th century. The Malla dynasty was overthrown by the Sena dynasty in the 12th century. Chandrakona was also a major center of the Bengal renaissance. The town has a number of temples and other religious establishments. The most important temple is the Chandrakona Mahapith, which is the seat of the Goddess Tara. Other temples in the town include the Tara Temple, the Kali Temple, the Durga Temple, and the Mahishasurmardini Temple. There are also a number of mosques and madrasas in the town. The town is also home to a number of schools and colleges. The town has a number of tourist attractions. The most important tourist attraction is the Chandrakona Mahapith, which is the seat of the Goddess Tara. Other tourist attractions in the town include the Tara Temple, the Kali Temple, the Durga Temple, and the Mahishasurmardini Temple.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Chandrakona, India
1. Take a walk through Chandrakona town and visit the local market – Chandrakona town is a great place to take a leisurely stroll and explore the local market. There, you can find all sorts of goods, from fresh produce to traditional handicrafts. Be sure to haggle for the best prices!
2. Visit the Chandrakona Panchakot Rajbari – This beautiful palace was once the home of the local zamindar, or landlord. Today, it is open to the public and turns into a hotel during the winter months. Visitors can explore the sprawling grounds and learn about the area’s history.
3. Go on a safari at Gorumara National Park – Gorumara National Park is a must-visit for any nature lover. On a safari here, you can spot elephants, rhinos, and a variety of other wildlife.
4. Take a boat ride on the Chandrabhaga River – The Chandrabhaga River is a beautiful body of water that flows through Chandrakona. You can hire a boat and enjoy a peaceful ride on the river, taking in the stunning scenery.
5.Visit the Kamalabari Satra – The Kamalabari Satra is a religious site that was founded by the great Assamese saint Srimanta Sankardev. Visitors can learn about the satra’s history and see the beautiful temple here.
6. See the Jor Bangla Temple – The Jor Bangla Temple is one of the most important temples in Chandrakona. It was built in the 16th century and is adorned with intricate carvings.
7. Go on a nature walk in Neora Valley National Park – Neora Valley National Park is a gorgeous protected area that is home to a variety of flora and fauna. You can go on a nature walk here and see some of the amazing creatures that call this place home.
8. Visit theChandannagar Strand – The Chandannagar Strand is a must-visit for any history buff. This is where the East India Company first set up shop in Bengal. Today, it is a beautiful area that houses a number of colonial-era buildings.
9. See the Bharat Sevashram Sangha – The Bharat Sevashram Sangha is a religious institution that was founded by Swami Vivekananda. Visitors can explore the sprawling campus and learn about the organization’s history.
10. Take a hike to Gorumara Watchtower – The Gorumara Watchtower offers stunning views of the surrounding area. It is a great place to go for a hike and enjoy the fresh air.