There are many kid friendly things to do in Chambly, Canada. One can take a trip to the Chambly Canal National Historic Site, or explore the Fort Chambly National Historic Site. There are also many parks and playgrounds throughout the city that are perfect for a day of play. Other kid friendly activities in Chambly include visiting the Musée des beaux-arts de Chambly, or taking a horse-drawn carriage ride through the town. No matter what your interests are, there is sure to be something to keep the kids entertained in Chambly, Canada.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Chambly, Canada
1) Visit the Chambly Canal National Historic Site: The Chambly Canal National Historic Site is a perfect place to take the kids for a day of exploring and learning. The canal offers a variety of interactive and educational attractions, including a working lock system, a Interpretive Centre, and a variety of walking and biking trails.
2) Take a ride on the Chambly Canal Boat: The Chambly Canal Boat offers a unique way to experience the Chambly Canal. The boat takes passengers on a tour of the canal, offering a up-close look at the lock system and various points of interest along the way.
3)Explore the Fort Chambly National Historic Site: The Fort Chambly National Historic Site is a must-visit for history buffs of all ages. The fort was built in the 18th century to protect the city of Chambly from attack, and today it stands as a living history museum. Visitors can explore the fort, watch demonstrations, and participate in hands-on activities.
4) Visit the Chambly Rapids: The Chambly Rapids are a natural wonder located just outside of the city. The rapids are a series of waterfalls and currents that offer a beautiful and unique view of the river. Visitors can explore the rapids via a series of walking trails, or take a boat tour for an up-close look.
5) Stroll Through Parc Ouest: Parc Ouest is a beautiful park located in the heart of the city. The park offers a variety of activities and amenities for visitors, including walking trails, a playground, a picnic area, and a splash pad.
6) Visit the Maison Chevalier de Léry: The Maison Chevalier de Léry is a historic house museum that tells the story of the early settlers of Chambly. The museum offers a variety of interactive exhibits, as well as a chance to explore the historic house and grounds.
7) Take a walk on the Chambly Promenade: The Chambly Promenade is a scenic walking path that runs along the edge of the Chambly Canal. The path offers stunning views of the canal and the surrounding countryside, and is a perfect place to take a leisurely stroll.
8) Visit the Musée des Beaux-Arts de Chambly: The Musée des Beaux-Arts de Chambly is a small art museum that features a rotating selection of exhibitions. The museum is a great place to introduce the kids to the world of art, and to find out about the local art scene.
9) Have a picnic at Parc St-Louis: Parc St-Louis is a large park located on the banks of the Richelieu River. The park offers a beautiful setting for a picnic, and there are a number of picnic tables and grills available for use.
10) Go for a swim at the Richelieu-Verchères Regional Park: The Richelieu-Verchères Regional Park is a great place to enjoy the outdoors. The park offers a sandy beach, a swimming area, and a variety of hiking trails.