Cerro de Pasco is a city in central Peru that is located at a high altitude, which makes it a great place to explore for families. There are many kid friendly things to do in Cerro de Pasco, such as visiting the Granja Porcón, where you can learn about and see how Peruvian pigs are raised. You can also explore the city’s mining past by going on a tour of the Cerro de Pasco mines. Other kid friendly activities in Cerro de Pasco include visiting the city’s museums, such as the Museum of Queen Elizabeth of Japan, or taking a cable car up to the summit of San Cristobal Hill for stunning views of the city.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Cerro De Pasco, Peru
1. Visit the Cerro de Pasco Museum: The Cerro de Pasco Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the city and the region. The museum has a variety of exhibits on topics such as the geology of the area, the history of mining in the region, and the cultural heritage of the city.
2. Go on a City Tour: A city tour is a great way to see the main sights of Cerro de Pasco. The tour will take you to places such as the Plaza de Armas, the Cathedral, and the main market.
3. Visit the San Miguel Church: The San Miguel Church is one of the most important historical landmarks in the city. The church was built in the 17th century and is a beautiful example of colonial architecture.
4. Go to the Virgen del Carmen Festival: The Virgen del Carmen Festival is one of the most popular events in the city. The festival is held every year on July 16th and is a great opportunity to see traditional Peruvian dances and music.
5. Visit the La Zanja Mine: The La Zanja Mine is a great place to learn about the history of mining in the region. The mine is open to the public and offers tours that explain the how the mine operated.
6. Go Hiking in the Andes: The Andes Mountains offer some of the best hiking in Peru. There are a variety of trails to choose from, ranging from easy to difficult.
7. Go to Laguna de Palca: Laguna de Palca is a beautiful lake located in the Andes Mountains. The lake is a great place to relax and enjoy the stunning scenery.
8. Visit the Thermal Baths: The Thermal Baths are a great way to relax and rejuvenate. The baths are located in the city of Chacras and offer a variety of different pools and treatments.
9. Go Horseback Riding: Horseback riding is a great way to explore the countryside around Cerro de Pasco. There are a variety of companies that offer horseback riding tours.
10. Go Whitewater Rafting: Whitewater rafting is a great way to gets thrill and excitement. There are a number of companies that offer rafting tours on the rivers near Cerro de Pasco.