Centerport is a census-designated place (CDP) in Suffolk County, New York, United States. The population was 3,406 at the 2010 census. Centerport is located in the town of Huntington, on the north shore of Long Island.
One of the best things to do with kids in Centerport is to visit the Long Island Aquarium. The aquarium features over 250 species of marine and freshwater fish, reptiles, invertebrates, and penguins. The hands-on exhibits are a hit with kids of all ages, and the aquarium also offers educational programs and animal encounters.
Another great option for kids is the Centerport Family Fun Center. The Family Fun Center features an arcade, laser tag, bounce house, and more. It’s the perfect place to wear kids out on a rainy day.
For a more educational experience, the Vanderbilt Museum and Planetarium is a great option. The Vanderbilt Museum offers rotating exhibitions on natural history, science, and art. The planetarium offers educational shows about astronomy, and the museum also offers programs and events for kids.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Centerport, New York
1. Visit the Centerport Beach Club – The Centerport Beach Club is a great place to take kids for a swim, sunbathe, or just relax on the sand. There is also a playground and picnic area for families to enjoy.
2. Check out the Long Island Maritime Museum – The Long Island Maritime Museum is a great place for kids to learn about the history of the area and see some interesting exhibits.
3. Watch a movie at the local drive-in theater – The Centerport Drive-In Theater is a great place to take the kids for a movie night. They can watch from the comfort of their car while enjoying some popcorn and snacks.
4. Play a round of mini golf at the Centerport Golf Center – The Centerport Golf Center has a great mini golf course that is perfect for kids. They can also hit some balls at the driving range or take a lesson from the professionals.
5. Visit the Centerport Animal Shelter – The Centerport Animal Shelter is a great place to visit with kids. They can meet all of the adoptable animals and learn about responsible pet ownership.
6. Spend a day at the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory – The Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is a great place for kids to learn about science and nature. There are also many events and programs held here throughout the year.
7. Check out the agricultural exhibits at the Cornell Cooperative Extension – The Cornell Cooperative Extension has some great agricultural exhibits that kids will enjoy. They can learn about different farm animals and how they are raised.
8. Take a hike through the Caumsett State Park – The Caumsett State Park is a great place to take a hike with kids. There are also many picnicking areas and playgrounds throughout the park.
9. Visit the Suffolk County Vanderbilt Museum – The Suffolk County Vanderbilt Museum is a great place for kids to learn about the history of the area and see some interesting exhibits.
10. Have some fun at the local amusement park – The Splish Splash Water Park is a great place for kids to cool off and have some fun. They can also ride the rides and play games at the park.