There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Cave Creek, Arizona. For starters, the town is home to a number of parks and playgrounds, perfect for a day of fun in the sun. There are also a number of kid-centric businesses in town, including a candy store, an ice cream parlor, and a petting zoo. In addition, Cave Creek is home to a number of family-friendly events throughout the year, including a rodeo, a carnival, and a holiday parade.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Cave Creek, Arizona
1. Spend a day horseback riding through the Sonoran Desert – There are many trail riding options available in and around Cave Creek. Contact a local stable for more information.
2. Visit the Cave Creek Petroglyph Site – This ancient Native American site is free to visit and has over 1,000 petroglyphs (rock carvings) to see.
3. Have a picnic in one of the many parks – Cave Creek has several parks to choose from, each with their own unique features.
4. Go for a hike or a scenic walk – There are many hiking and walking trails in the area, ranging from easy to difficult.
5. Go stargazing – Cave Creek is located in a dark-sky area, making it ideal for stargazing. Head to a nearby mountaintop for the best views.
6. Go camping – There are several campgrounds located in and around Cave Creek.
7. Visit the Cave Creek Museum – This museum is dedicated to the history of Cave Creek and the surrounding area. Admission is free.
8. Go fishing – There are many fishing spots located in and around Cave Creek.
9. Play golf – There are several golf courses in the area, ranging from beginner-friendly to challenging.
10. Go on a nature photography safari – The area around Cave Creek is home to many different types of plants and animals, making it a great place to take photos.