There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Cave City, Kentucky! For one, Cave City is home to Mammoth Cave National Park, which offers plenty of fun and educational opportunities for kids of all ages. Families can go on ranger-led tours of the cave, hike through the forest, and explore the Visitor Center. There’s also the Kentucky Action Park and the Dinosaur World attraction, both of which are great for kids. Cave City also has a number of kid-friendly restaurants, cafes, and ice cream shops, so there’s plenty to keep everyone happy.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Cave City, Kentucky
1. Take a tour of Mammoth Cave National Park – This national park is home to the longest known cave system in the world and offers ranger-led tours of the cave year-round.
2. Go tubing down the Kentucky River – This is a great activity for hot summer days! You can tube down the river and then relax on the riverbank afterwards.
3. Visit the Lost River Cave – This cave is located in the heart of Bowling Green and offers tours, events, and programs throughout the year.
4. Go fishing at Barren River Lake – This lake is stocked with bass, catfish, and other types of fish, making it a great place to go fishing.
5. Take a scenic drive down the Bluegrass Parkway – This scenic highway runs through central Kentucky and offers beautiful views of the countryside.
6. Visit the Kentucky State Capitol – This stately building is located in Frankfort and is open to the public for tours year-round.
7. Go hiking in Daniel Boone National Forest – This forest is located in southern Kentucky and offers over 500 miles of hiking trails to explore.
8. Take a tour of the Kentucky Horse Park – This park is located in Lexington and is home to the Kentucky Derby Museum, the American Saddlebred Museum, and the International Museum of the Horse.
9. Visit the Kentucky Artisan Center – This center is located in Berea and showcases the work of Kentucky artists and craftspeople.
10. Go ziplining at the Kentucky Action Park – This park is located in Cave City and offers ziplining, rock climbing, and other adventure activities.