Catonsville, Maryland is a great place for kids! There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep them entertained. The Catonsville branch of the Baltimore County Public Library offers many children’s programs, including story times, crafts, and movie nights. The YMCA in Catonsville also has a lot to offer kids, with sports leagues, swimming pools, and a variety of other activities. Additionally, there are several parks in Catonsville that are perfect for a day of playing outside. Avalon Park and Hawthorn Park both have playgrounds, picnic areas, and trails to explore. For a day of fun and learning, the Catonsville Science Center is a great option, with interactive exhibits on a variety of topics. And finally, no visit to Catonsville would be complete without a stop at the Catonsville Five and Dime, a classic old-fashioned soda fountain and candy store.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Catonsville, Maryland
1. Visit the Catonsville Five & Dime
2. Play at the Catonsville Community Park
3. ice skate at the Patapsco Valley State Park
4. visit the Benjamin Banneker Historical Park and Museum
5. tour the Orange Blossom Trail
6. explore the St. Paul’s School
7. discover the Trolley Museum
8. learn about the history of Catonsville at the Heritage Museum
9. enjoy the Catonsville Arts and Entertainment District
10. or relax at the Catonsville Senior Center.
1. Visit the Catonsville Five & Dime: This vintage store is a great place to find unique gifts and trinkets. They offer a variety of goods, including toys, clothes, home decor, and more.
2. Play at the Catonsville Community Park: This park is a great place to take the kids for a day of play. It features a playground, picnic tables, and a walking trail.
3. Ice skate at the Patapsco Valley State Park: This state park offers a variety of activities for all ages, including ice skating in the winter.
4. Visit the Benjamin Banneker Historical Park and Museum: This park is named after the famous African American mathematician and astronomer. The museum offers a variety of exhibits on his life and work.
5. Tour the Orange Blossom Trail: This trail is a great way to explore the natural beauty of Catonsville. It runs for 3 miles and is perfect for a leisurely stroll or a vigorous hike.
6. Explore the St. Paul’s School: This private school is open to tours year-round. Visitors can explore the classrooms, the grounds, and the historic chapel.
7. Discover the Trolley Museum: This museum is dedicated to the history of the trolley car. It offers a variety of exhibits, as well as a ride on a working trolley car.
8. Learn about the history of Catonsville at the Heritage Museum: This museum offers a variety of exhibits on the history of Catonsville. Visitors can learn about the area’s Native American history, the founding of the town, and more.
9. Enjoy the Catonsville Arts and Entertainment District: This district is home to a variety of businesses, including art galleries, restaurants, and retail shops.
10. Or relax at the Catonsville Senior Center: This center offers a variety of activities and services for seniors, including a library, a gym, and a variety of social and educational programs.