If you’re looking for kid-friendly activities in Cassano d’Adda, Italy, you’re in luck! This charming town has plenty to offer families with young children. Start your visit at the Parco Adda Sud, a large park with a playground, picnic areas, and plenty of green space to explore. Then, head to the Museo Civico e Archeologico, where kids can learn about the history and culture of the area. Plan to spend an afternoon at the Lago di Varese, a beautiful lake with a beach and plenty of space to run around. And, of course, no trip to Cassano d’Adda would be complete without a stop at the gelato shop – everyone will love a refreshing cup of Italian ice cream!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Cassano D’Adda, Italy
1. Visit the Basilica of Sant’Eusebio – This basilica is a beautiful example of Romanesque architecture and is home to the remains of Saint Eusebius, the patron saint of Cassano d’Adda.
2. Take a walk along the Adda River – The Adda River runs through the town of Cassano d’Adda and is a lovely spot for a peaceful stroll.
3. Visit the Palazzo Visconti – This palazzo is a medieval castle that was once the home of the Visconti family, who were one of the most powerful families in Italy during the Middle Ages.
4. Explore the Parco Archeologico di Crespi d’adda – This archaeological park is home to the ruins of an ancient Roman villa, which is a fascinating place to explore.
5. Visit the Museo della Seta – This museum is dedicated to the history of silk production in Cassano d’Adda, which was once a major industry in the town.
6. see the Leaning Tower of Cassano – This curious tower is actually the bell tower of the church of San Michele Arcangelo and was built at a slight angle due to the soft ground it was built on.
7. Take a ride on the Cassano d’Adda Funicular – This funicular railway runs up a steep hillside and offers stunning views over the town and surrounding countryside.
8. Visit the Casa Natale di Leonardo da Vinci – This is the house where Leonardo da Vinci was born and is now a museum dedicated to his life and work.
9. Explore the VILLA BORromeo – This beautiful villa was once the summer residence of the Borromeo family, one of the most powerful families in Italy during the Renaissance.
10. Take a boat trip on Lake Como – Lake Como is just a short distance from Cassano d’Adda and is a beautiful spot for a leisurely boat trip.