Carthage was a major city of the ancient world. It is located in Tunisia and was founded in 814 BC by Queen Dido. The city was a major trading center and its height was during the Punic Wars with Rome. The city was destroyed by the Romans in 146 BC but was later rebuilt by Julius Caesar. It is a popular tourist destination today. There are many kid friendly things to do in Carthage. The ancient city has many ruins that kids can explore. They can also visit the Carthage National Museum which has many artifacts from the ancient city. There are also several beaches in Carthage where kids can swim and play.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Carthage, Tunisia
1. Climb aboard a replica of a Carthaginian ship: Visitors can explore a life-size replica of a Carthaginian ship and learn about the maritime culture that was such an important part of Carthaginian life.
2. Visit the Antonine Baths: The Antonine Baths are the largest Roman ruins in Carthage and offer a fascinating glimpse into the past. Kids will love exploring the ruins and learning about Roman culture.
3. Go on a camel ride: Visitors can take a camel ride around the city, getting a unique perspective on the city and its history.
4. Visit the Carthage National Museum: The Carthage National Museum is a must-visit for any family visiting Carthage. The museum houses a wealth of artifacts and displays on the city’s rich history.
5. See the Roman Amphitheatre: The Roman Amphitheatre is another of Carthage’s great Roman ruins. It’s the perfect place to learn about the city’s rich history and get a taste of Roman culture.
6. Climb to the top of Byrsa Hill: Byrsa Hill is the site of ancient Carthage and offers stunning views over the city. It’s the perfect place to watch the sunset or get a birds-eye view of the city.
7. Visit the Punic Ports: The Punic Ports are a series of ancient port structures that were used by the Carthaginians. They’re a great place to learn about Carthaginian trade and maritime culture.
8. Stroll through the Carthage Archaeological Park: The Carthage Archaeological Park is a must-see for any history lover. The park is home to a wealth of Roman and Punic ruins, making it the perfect place to learn about the city’s past.
9. Swim at the Beach of Salammbo: The Beach of Salammbo is a beautiful stretch of beach located just outside of Carthage. It’s the perfect place to take a dip, relax, and enjoy the stunning views.
10. Have fun at the Hannibal Theme Park: The Hannibal Theme Park is a fun-filled amusement park that’s perfect for families. The park features a variety of rides, games, and attractions, making it the perfect place to spend a day.