Carshalton is a great place for kids of all ages! There are plenty of green spaces to explore, as well as a number of child-friendly attractions. For younger children, why not visit Carshalton Ponds? This is a lovely spot for a picnic, and there’s also a playground nearby. If your kids are a bit older, they’ll enjoy visiting Carshalton House and Gardens. This historic house is set in beautiful gardens, and there are also plenty of activities for kids to take part in. For something truly unique, pay a visit to Honeywood Museum. This quirky museum is all about the history of Carshalton, and is sure to fascinate kids of all ages.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Carshalton, United Kingdom
1. Visit the Carshalton Village Peace Garden – This is a lovely garden that has a playground, a war memorial, and a pond. It’s a great place to relax and let the kids run around.
2. Check out the Carshalton Hermitage Ruins – These ruins are from a 14th century hermitage, and they’re really cool to explore. The kids will love running around and pretending to be knights or princesses.
3. Have a picnic at The Grove Park – This park has a large grassy area perfect for a picnic, plus a playground and a few other amenities.
4. Visit the Honeywood Museum – This museum is all about the history of Carshalton, and it’s really interesting for kids to learn about.
5. Go for a walk or bike ride along the Wandle Trail – This trail runs along the River Wandle, and it’s a beautiful place to explore.
6. Go fishing at Carshalton Ponds – These ponds are stocked with fish, so the kids can try their hand at fishing.
7. Play at theCharles Cryer Theatre – This theatre has a playground, plus a few other fun things for kids to do.
8. Have a treat at the Pump House Steam Museum – This museum has a working steam engine, plus a café where the kids can get a delicious treat.
9. Visit the Wallington Library and Heritage Centre – This centre has a library and a museum, plus a number of resources for kids to use.
10. Play in the Wandle Recreation Ground – This recreation ground has a playground, a sports court, and a number of other fun things for kids to do.