Carnation is a great place for kids of all ages! There are plenty of indoor and outdoor activities to keep them busy. For the outdoorsy types, there’s hiking, biking, and fishing. For those who prefer to stay indoors, there’s museums, bowling, and movies. Whatever your child’s interests, there’s sure to be something to keep them entertained in Carnation!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Carnation, Washington
1. Visit the Carnation Farm: The Carnation Farm is a working dairy farm that is open to the public for tours and events. Visitors can see the cows being milked, learn about the dairy industry, and even sample some of the farm’s fresh milk and cheese.
2. Attend the Carnation Farmers Market: The Carnation Farmers Market is held every Saturday from May through October. Local farmers and vendors sell fresh produce, flowers, artisan goods, and more.
3. Go for a Hike: Carnation is home to many beautiful hiking trails that wind through forests and meadows. Pack a picnic lunch and enjoy a day outdoors exploring nature.
4. Visit the Duvall Historical Museum: The Duvall Historical Museum is housed in an old creamery building and features exhibits on the history of the Duvall area. Learn about the region’s Native American heritage, early settlers, and the local dairy industry.
5. Play at Tolt-MacDonald Park: Tolt-MacDonald Park is a popular spot for picnics, fishing, swimming, and playing in the playground. In the summer, the park host’s free concerts and movies in the park.
6. Visit the Carnation Tree Farm: The Carnation Tree Farm is a Christmas tree farm that is open to the public for tree cuttings and hayrides. Choose and cut your own Christmas tree or enjoy a festive hayride around the farm.
7. Go on a Wine Tasting Tour: Washington state is home to many world-renowned wineries and vineyards. Carnation is located in the heart of wine country and makes for a great base to explore the region’s many tasting rooms and tour operators.
8. Take a Gizmo Ride: The Gizmo is a unique, pedal-powered vehicle that gives riders a unique way to see Carnation. Cruise around town on the Gizmo and wave to all the friendly locals you meet along the way.
9. Attend the Carnation Festival of the Arts: The Carnation Festival of the Arts is an annual event that features regional artist booths, live music, food vendors, and more. Browse the many artwork on display and enjoy the festive atmosphere.
10. Go Berry Picking: Carnation is home to many fruit farms and berry patches. Head out to a local farm to pick your own strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries. Or, visit a u-pick farm to pick apples, pears, and pumpkins in the fall.