Carmagnola is a town located in the Metropolitan City of Turin, in the Piedmont region of north-western Italy. Surrounded by green hills and gentle mountains, it is about 30 kilometers (19 miles) south-east of Turin. The town is well known for its production of chestnuts, Porcini mushrooms, and hazelnuts. Carmagnola’s countryside is also littered with old Roman ruins, castles, churches, and country homes which can be easily explored on foot or by bicycle.
There are few things more kid-friendly than a good old fashioned Italian gelato and there are plenty of places to find one in Carmagnola. For a less sugary treat, take the kids to one of the town’s many pizzerias for some authentic Italian pizza. Afterwards, head to one of the gelaterias for some delicious ice cream. Carmagnola is also home to a number of parks and playgrounds where kids can run around and let off some steam. For a bit of history and culture, take the kids to see the Roman ruins or one of the many castles in the area.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Carmagnola, Italy
1. Children can explore the Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II, which is the main square in Carmagnola.
2. The Torre Civica, or Civic Tower, is a popular spot for kids to climb and explore.
3. The Giardino Ducale, or Ducal Garden, is a beautiful spot for a picnic lunch or to run around and play.
4. The Orto Botanico, or Botanical Garden, is a great place to learn about different plants and flowers.
5. The Museo Civico, or Civic Museum, has a section specifically for kids with interactive exhibits.
6. Carmagnola is home to a number of murals, which kids can go on a scavenger hunt to find.
7. The Teatro Sociale, or Social Theater, offers performances specifically for children throughout the year.
8. The Parco della Resistenza, or Resistance Park, is a great place to explore and learn about Carmagnola’s history.
9. The Parco Avventura, or Adventure Park, is an outdoor park with a variety of activities for kids to enjoy.
10. The Centro Sportivo, or Sports Center, has a number of different sports facilities that children can use.