There are many kid friendly things to do in Carletonville, South Africa. Some of the most popular include visiting the Gold Reef City Theme Park, going on a safari at the Pilanesberg National Park, and exploring the many museums and historic sites in the area. Other great activities for kids include hiking, biking, and picnicking in the many beautiful parks and Nature Reserves, and playing in the many playgrounds and water parks. Carletonville is also home to a number of family friendly festivals and events throughout the year, making it the perfect place to visit with kids of all ages.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Carletonville, South Africa
1. Visit the Gold Reef City theme park for a day of fun rides and attractions.
2. Take a safari through the Pilanesberg National Park to see some of Africa’s wildlife up close.
3. Visit the Maropeng Visitor Centre to learn about the area’s rich history and see some incredible geological formations.
4. Go for a swim in the Bospan Dam or one of the other nearby lakes.
5. Learn about mining at the Gold Fields Museum or on a tour of a working gold mine.
6. Take a walk or grab a bike and explore one of the many trails in the area.
7. Grab a bite to eat at one of the many family-friendly restaurants in Carletonville.
8. Visit the Transvaal Museum to learn about the natural history of the area.
9. Go on a shopping spree at the Carletonville Mall or one of the other local shops.
10. Catch a movie at the local cinema or spend an afternoon at the library.