Cannes is a beautiful city located on the French Riviera. It is known for its luxury, its chic hotels, and its film festival. However, there are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in Cannes as well!
There are several beaches in Cannes that are perfect for families. Plage du Midi is a great option, as it has a playground and a shallow area for kids to paddle in. Plage de la Bocca is also a good choice, as it has a few restaurants and cafes nearby for a quick bite.
If your kids are into art, the Musee d’Art Classique de Mougins is a must-visit. This museum has a collection of ancient Greek and Roman sculptures, as well as paintings from the Middle Ages.
For something a bit more active, the Parc de la Palmeraie is a great option. This park has a playground, a petting zoo, and a mini-golf course.
Finally, no trip to Cannes would be complete without a visit to the famous La Croisette. This promenade is lined with high-end shops, restaurants, and cafes. Kids will love people watching and browsing in the many stores.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Cannes, France
1. Take a walk along the Croisette: The Croisette is a beautiful promenade that runs along the seafront in Cannes. It’s perfect for a leisurely stroll, people watching, or just enjoying the fresh sea air.
2. Visit the Palais des Festivals: The Palais des Festivals is the home of the annual Cannes Film Festival. Even if you’re not in town for the festival, it’s still worth a visit to see the iconic red carpet and maybe even catch a glimpse of a celebrity or two!
3. Relax on the beach: Cannes has some of the best beaches in the French Riviera. Soak up the sun, paddle in the Mediterranean Sea, or just people watch from your beach towel.
4. Shop ’til you drop: Cannes is a shopper’s paradise! From designer boutiques to local markets, there’s something for everyone. If you’re looking for souvenirs, be sure to check out the famous Cannes Film Festival merchandise.
5. Explore the Old Town: The Old Town of Cannes is a charming maze of narrow streets and alleyways. Get lost amongst the centuries-old buildings, stumble upon hidden courtyards, and find your way to the top of the Suquet hill for stunning views over the city.
6. Visit the islands of Lérins: Just off the coast of Cannes are the Lérins Islands, home to two monasteries dating back to the 5th century. Take a boat trip out to the islands and explore the peaceful gardens and atmospheric buildings.
7. Try your luck at the casino: The world-famous casino in Cannes is a must-visit, even if you’re not a gambler. For those who do want to try their luck, there are plenty of games on offer, from Roulette to Blackjack.
8. Take a day trip to Nice or Monaco: Cannes is ideally located for exploring the wider French Riviera. Spend a day in the chic city of Nice or the glamorous principality of Monaco. Or, if you’re feeling really adventurous, take the train to Italy for the day!
9. Go on a wine-tasting tour: The French Riviera is famous for its rosé wine, and there are plenty of vineyards in the area where you can go on a tour and learn all about the production process. And of course, you’ll get to sample the finished product!
10. Attend a performance at theOpéra de Cannes: The Opéra de Cannes is one of the most prestigious opera houses in France. If you’re lucky enough to be in town when a performance is taking place, make sure you get tickets!