Candaba is a municipality in the province of Pampanga, in the Philippines. It is situated at the foot of the Sierra Madre mountains, Candaba is known for its wetlands, which make up a large part of the Candaba Swamp. The Candaba Swamp is home to over 50 species of migratory birds, making it a popular destination for bird-watchers. For those looking for a more active holiday, there are also hiking and biking trails in the area. Candaba is a great place for families with kids, as there are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep everyone entertained. If you’re looking for something to do with the kids, why not head to the Candaba Viaduct? The viaduct is the longest bridge in the Philippines and offers spectacular views of the Candaba Swamp. For a more relaxing activity, you can take a boat ride through the wetlands to see the bird life up close. Candaba is a great place to spend a few days with the family and is sure to leave everyone with lasting memories.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Candaba, Philippines
1. Have a blast at the Splash Island Waterpark! With slides, pools, and a lazy river, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
2. Visit the Philippine Tarsier and Wildlife Sanctuary. Home to one of the world’s smallest primates, the Philippine tarsier, this sanctuary is a must-see for any nature lover.
3. Take a hike through the Pampanga River National Park. With over 16,000 hectares of forest, this national park is a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
4. Go on an adventure at the Treseperez Adventure Park. With zip lining, ATV riding, and paintball, this park is sure to get your adrenaline pumping.
5. Visit the Candaba Wetlands. A Ramsar Site, the Candaba Wetlands are home to a variety of birds and other wildlife.
6. Learn about the history of the Philippine-American War at the Baler Museum. This museum is dedicated to preserving the history of the war that took place in the province of Aurora.
7. For the animal lovers out there, pay a visit to the Zoocobia Fun Zoo. With over 500 animals, this zoo is sure to please.
8. Take a walk through the Candaba Viaduct. At 1.3 kilometers long, this viaduct is the longest in Asia and is a sight to behold.
9. Visit the Candaba Freshwater Fishing Village. This village is home to a number of freshwater fish species and is a great place to relax and enjoy the scenery.
10. Get up close and personal with nature at the Pamitinan Cave. This cave is known for its stalactites and stalagmites and is a must-see for any cave enthusiast.