Camp Verde is a great place for kids of all ages. There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Camp Verde, Arizona. Here are just a few of the many options:
The Camp Verde Chuckwagon is a great place to take the kids for a wagon ride and a taste of the Old West.
For a more active adventure, the Verde River offers tubing, kayaking, and fishing.
Kids will love exploring the Montezuma Castle National Monument, where they can learn about the area’s Native American history.
The Fort Verde State Historic Park is another great option for those interested in learning about the area’s history.
The Out of Africa Wildlife Park is a great place to see exotic animals from all over the world.
And, of course, no visit to Camp Verde would be complete without a stop at the Bean Tree Farm, where kids can pick their own beans and learn about farming.
There are endless possibilities for kid friendly fun in Camp Verde, Arizona.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Camp Verde, Arizona
1. Out of Africa Wildlife Park: This wildlife park is home to more than 100 animals from all over the world, including lions, tigers, giraffes, and more! Visitors can take a safari tour, feed the animals, and even stay overnight in one of the park’s lodges.
2. Fort Verde State Historic Park: This state park is home to a preserved frontier fort from the 1800s. Visitors can tour the fort, see historic demonstrations, and even participate in a mock gunfight!
3. Verde Canyon Railroad: This scenic railroad offers rides through the beautiful Verde Canyon, with views of the red rocks and wildlife along the way.
4. Montezuma Castle National Monument: This monument is home to a well-preserved ancient cliff dwelling. Visitors can tour the dwelling, view informational displays, and hike the trails through the surrounding canyon.
5. Sedona: Sedona is a beautiful town surrounded by red rocks and offering plenty of hiking, shopping, and dining options.
6. Jerome: Jerome is a historic mining town with a wild west feel. Visitors can tour the town, visit the mines, and check out the shops and restaurants.
7. Prescott: Prescott is a quaint town with a rich history. Visitors can tour the courthouse, visit the museum, and stroll through the downtown area.
8. Oak Creek Canyon: This scenic canyon offers hiking, camping, picnicking, and fishing opportunities, as well as stunning views.
9. Flagstaff: Flagstaff is a lively city with a variety of shops, restaurants, and attractions. Visitors can explore the downtown area, tour the Lowell Observatory, and hike the many trails in the area.
10. Grand Canyon National Park: The Grand Canyon is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world and is just a short drive from Camp Verde. Visitors can hike to the bottom, take a mule ride, or simply enjoy the views from the many lookout points.