Cameron, Oklahoma is a great place for kids! There are plenty of things to do to keep them entertained, including several parks, a museum, and a zoo. Parks in Cameron include the Cameron City Park, which has a playground, a sprayground, and a walking trail, and the Cameron Veterans Memorial Park, which has a playground, a gazebo, and a picnic area. The museum in Cameron is the Forgotten Room Museum, which has a variety of exhibits about the history of Cameron. The zoo in Cameron is the Cameron Animal Shelter and Adoption Center, which has a variety of animals, including dogs, cats, rabbits, and reptiles.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Cameron, Oklahoma
1. The first kid friendly activity to do in Cameron, Oklahoma is to visit the Cameron Zoo. The Cameron Zoo is a small, family-owned zoo that features over 150 animals, mostly native to Oklahoma. Visitors can see tigers, lions, bears, primates, reptiles, and more. The zoo also has a petting zoo, a playground, and a picnic area.
2. Another kid friendly activity to do in Cameron, Oklahoma is to go to the Blue Bell Ice Cream Parlor. The Blue Bell Ice Cream Parlor is an old-fashioned ice cream shop that has been serving up delicious ice cream since 1976. They have a wide variety of flavors to choose from, as well as ice cream cakes and pies.
3. For a educational and fun activity, visit the McCasland Wildlife preserve. The preserve is home to a wide variety of animals, including deer, bison, elk, and wild turkeys. Visitors can also learn about the history of the area and the wildlife.
4. Another great educational activity for kids is a visit to the Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History. The museum features exhibits on dinosaurs, Native Americans, fossils, and more. Kids can also participate in hands-on activities, such as digging for fossils.
5. For a fun activity that the whole family can enjoy, go to the LEGOLAND Discovery Center Oklahoma City. The center features rides, LEGO build and play areas, a 4D movie theater, and more.
6. For a more relaxing activity, take a stroll through the Myriad Botanical Gardens. The gardens feature over 15 acres of beautiful gardens, sculptures, fountains, and walking trails.
7. For a fun activity that will get the kids moving, visit Urban Air Adventure Park. The park features over 50 trampolines, a rock climbing wall, a zip line, and more.
8. Another great active activity for kids is a visit to the Science Museum Oklahoma. The museum features over 350 hands-on exhibits, a planetarium, and an IMAX theater.
9. For a fun and unique activity, visit the National Rifle Association’s National Sporting Arms Museum. The museum features over 1,000 firearms, as well as exhibits on the history of firearms and their impact on American culture.
10. Last but not least, one of the best kid friendly activities in Cameron, Oklahoma is a visit to the Energy Fuels Nuclear Power Plant. The plant offers tours where kids can learn about how nuclear power is generated.