Calw is a beautiful, historic town in the Black Forest region of Germany. It is also a great place for families with children. There are many kid-friendly things to do in Calw, including visiting the Joaquim-Ringelnatz-Museum, the Toy Museum, theCalwer Klosterspatzen Museum, or the Black Forest Open-Air Museum. You can also take a ride on the history-themed Spiegelsberge Miniature Railway, or go for a hike or bike ride on one of the many scenic trails in the area. In the summer, you can cool off at the Calw water park, or in the winter, you can go sledding or ice skating. There are also several playgrounds and parks in Calw, perfect for a picnic or a game of fetch with your furry friend.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Calw, Germany
1) Visit the striking black and white Stadtkirche.
2) Go on a tour of the historic Schaefercase watch factory.
3) marvel at the incredible views from the top of the Burg Hohenkarpfen.
4) explore the lovely gardens at the Schloss Neuenburg castle.
5) learn all about the traditional art of cuckoo clock making at the Cuckoo Clock Museum.
6) see the amazing collection of minerals at the Mineralien & Fossilien Museum.
7) have fun on the rides at the Alpirsbacher Klosterstadt Adventure Park.
8) take a scenic hike or bike ride through the nearby Black Forest.
9) cool off with a swim at the Freibad Aquatic Centre.
10) enjoy some delicious ice cream at one of Calw’s many cafes.