If you’re looking for things to do with the kids in Callender, Iowa, there are plenty of options! For starters, the city is home to the Kennedy Park & Recreation Complex, which features a playground, walking trails, and a splash pad. There’s also the Callender Public Library, which offers storytimes and other children’s programming. If the weather is nice, you can also head to the Callender Wildlife Area for a nature hike or picnic. And, of course, no trip to Callender would be complete without a stop at the Grotto of the Redemption, the largest grotto in the world!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Callender, Iowa
1. Visit the Brucemore Mansion- Built in 1884, this historic estate was once home to three influential Cedar Rapids families. Today, it is a popular tourist destination, offering tours, events, and programs for visitors of all ages.
2. Take a stroll through the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art- This art museum features a variety of temporary and permanent exhibits, as well as a sculpture garden and cafe.
3. Spend the day at Brucemore Mansion- This mansion is open for tours, events, and programs year-round.
4. Visit the National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library- This museum is dedicated to preserving the Czech and Slovak cultures in America. It offers a variety of exhibits, events, and educational programs.
5.Explore the grounds of the Indian Creek Nature Center- This nature center features hiking trails, a wetlands area, and a variety of educational programs.
6. Visit the Grant Wood Studio- This studio is where famous American artist Grant Wood worked on some of his most iconic paintings. It is now a museum open for tours.
7. Take a ride on the Cedar Rapids Transit System- This public transportation system offers bus and trolley service throughout the city.
8. Go ice skating at the NewBo City Market- This public market features an indoor ice skating rink in the winter months.
9. Attend a performance at the Paramount Theatre- This historic theatre hosts a variety of live performances throughout the year, ranging from concerts to Broadway shows.
10.Explore the U.S. Cellular Center- This multi-purpose facility is home to a variety of sporting events, concerts, and other entertainment.