There are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in Caliente, Nevada. For the outdoorsy family, there’s hiking, fishing, and swimming in the many nearby lakes. In town, there’s the Nicholas Tea Room where kids can have a delicious lunch while watching the trains go by. The Caliente Railroad Museum is also a great place for kids to learn about the history of the area. For a more unique experience, families can visit the Caliente Hot Springs, where they can soak in the natural springs and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Caliente, Nevada
1. Go on a nature hike: There are plenty of hiking trails in Caliente, Nevada, perfect for kids of all ages. Check out some of the trails at the Caliente Wilderness Area or the Kershaw-Ryan State Park.
2. Visit a museum: The Elko County Museum is a great place to take kids to learn about the history of the area.
3. Go fishing: Fishing is a popular pastime in Caliente and there are several great spots to try your luck, including Rainbow Reservoir and Forty Mile Reservoir.
4. Have a picnic: Picnicking is a great way to spend time with the family while enjoying the outdoors. There are several picnic areas in Caliente, including one at the Kershaw-Ryan State Park.
5. Go camping: Camping is a popular activity in Caliente and there are several campgrounds to choose from, including the Caliente Hot Springs Campground and the Rainbow Lake Campground.
6. Play golf: Golfers of all skill levels will enjoy playing a round or two at the Caliente Municipal Golf Course.
7. Go swimming: There are several swimming holes in Caliente, perfect for cooling off on a hot day. Some of the best spots include the hot springs at the Caliente Hot Springs Campground and the rainbow pool at the Rainbow Lake Campground.
8. Rent a ATV: For those looking for a little more adventure, renting an ATV is a great way to explore the many dirt trails in Caliente.
9. Go horseback riding: Horseback riding is a great way to see the area and there are several stables in Caliente that offer rides.
10. Go on a jeep tour: Jeep tours are a popular way to see the area and there are several companies that offer them.