Cairo, Nebraska is a great place for families with young children. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep everyone entertained. The Cottonwood Golf Club is a great place to take the kids for a round of miniature golf. The Dairy Queen is a great place to cool off with a cup of ice cream. For the animal lovers, the Dr. L.D. Christensen Memorial Zoo is a must-see. The zoo has over 150 animals, including tigers, lions, and bears. If your family is looking for a more active activity, hiking the11-mile Calamus Reservoir State Recreation Area is a great option. There are also plenty of picnicking and camping opportunities available in the state recreation area.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Cairo, Nebraska
1. Spend a day at the Cairo Community Library. The library has a large selection of books, movies, and games for children of all ages. There is also a variety of programming offered throughout the year.
2. Visit the Fleming Park Zoo. The zoo is home to a variety of animals, including lions, tigers, and bears. There is also a playground, picnic area, and a train that children can ride.
3. Take a walk or bike ride through Riverside Park. The park is located along the Platte River and has a walking/biking trail, playground, and picnic areas.
4. Have a day of fun at Dreamscape Park. The park has a variety of activities for children, including a sprayground, playground, and mini golf.
5. Visit the Cope Basin Wetlands. The wetlands are home to a variety of wildlife, including birds, amphibians, and reptiles. There is also a nature trail that children can explore.
6. Play at the Mahoney Park Playground. The playground has a variety of equipment for children to play on, including swings, slides, and monkey bars.
7. Have a picnic at Holmes Lake. The lake has a picnic area, playground, and walking/biking trail.
8. Go fishing at Yanney Heritage Park. The park has a fishing pond, walking/biking trail, and playground.
9. Go swimming at the Jim Day Aquatic Center. The center has a lap pool, zero-depth entry pool, and water slides.
10. Take a scenic drive through the country. There are many farms and rural areas to explore just outside of Cairo.