Butner, North Carolina is a great place for kids of all ages! There are many kid friendly things to do in Butner, and the town is also home to several great schools. Here are just a few of the many kid friendly things to do in Butner:
1. Visit the Butner-Stemwinder Park. This park is perfect for kids, as it features a playground, a picnic area, and plenty of open space to run around.
2. Go fishing at one of Butner’s many ponds and lakes. Kids will love trying to catch a fish, and they may even be lucky enough to reeling in a big one!
3. Play a round of mini golf at the Butner Family Fun Center. This is a great activity for kids of all ages, and it’s a great way to spend some quality time together as a family.
4. Take a swim at the Butner Public Swimming Pool. This is a great place to cool off on a hot day, and kids will have a blast swimming and playing in the water.
5. Eat some ice cream at the Butner Creamery. This is a great treat for kids (and adults!), and it’s the perfect way to end a day of exploring Butner.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Butner, North Carolina
1. Hike the Butner-Falls Reservoir Trail: This scenic trail follows the shoreline of the Butner-Falls Reservoir and is perfect for a family-friendly hike. The trail is well-marked and easy to follow, making it a great option for kids of all ages.
2. Go fishing at the Butner-Falls Reservoir: The Butner-Falls Reservoir is a great spot for fishing, and kids will love trying to catch their dinner! A fishing license is required for all anglers 16 and over, and can be obtained at the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission website.
3. Play at Croasdaile Park: Croasdaile Park is a great spot for a family picnic or a game of Ultimate Frisbee. The park also has a playground and a basketball court, making it the perfect spot to tire out the kids.
4. Visit the Historic Occoneechee Speedway: The Historic Occoneechee Speedway is a former NASCAR race track that is now open to the public for tours. Kids will love seeing the historic cars and learning about the track’s rich history.
5. Attend a show at the Butner-Falls Community Theater: The Butner-Falls Community Theater is a great place to catch a local show. The theater offers a variety of performances throughout the year, making it a great option for a family-friendly night out.
6. Go on a nature walk at the Occoneechee Mountain State Natural Area: The Occoneechee Mountain State Natural Area is a great place to explore the outdoors. The area has several hiking trails, making it perfect for a family nature walk.
7. Visit the Carolina Piedmont Railway Museum: The Carolina Piedmont Railway Museum is a great place to learn about the history of railroads in North Carolina. The museum has a variety of interactive exhibits, making it a great option for kids of all ages.
8. Stroll through the Butner, North Carolina Arboretum: The Butner, North Carolina Arboretum is a beautiful spot for a leisurely stroll. The arboretum has a variety of plant and flower species, making it a great place to learn about the local vegetation.
9. Have a picnic at the Butner-Falls Reservoir: The Butner-Falls Reservoir is a great spot for a family picnic. The area has picnic tables and grills, making it easy to pack a lunch and enjoy the day.
10. Go for a swim at the Butner-Falls Recreation Area: The Butner-Falls Recreation Area is a great spot for a family swim. The area has a large pool and a smaller wading pool, making it a great option for kids of all ages.