Butha-Buthe is the capital of the Kingdom of Lesotho, and is located in the Butha-Buthe District in the northwest of the country. The town has a population of approximately 24,000 people.
Butha-Buthe is a great place for families with kids, as there are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep them entertained. The Lesotho National Museum is a great place to start, as it houses a wide variety of exhibits on the country’s history and culture. The Lesotho Royal Family Museum is another excellent option, and provides insight into the country’s monarchy. Other great options for things to do in Butha-Buthe with kids include the Liphofung Caves, the Katse Dam, and the Maloti Mountains.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Butha-Buthe, Lesotho
1. Spend a day hiking in the Maloti-Drakensberg Park World Heritage Site.
2. Visit the Kome Cave and Dinosaur Footprints.
3. Take a dip in the Olympic-sized Matsieng Footprints Pool.
4. Visit the National Museum of Lesotho.
5. Learn about the local culture and history at the Morija Museum and Archives.
6. Visit the Ha Kome Cave Paintings.
7. Take a tour of the Moeshoeshoe I Royal Palace.
8. Have fun at the Lesotho Wildlife Park.
9. Play golf at the Mantšonyane Golf Club.
10. Enjoy the views from the Bokong Nature Reserve.