Bury St Edmunds is a historic town in Suffolk, England. It is home to the famous Abbey Gardens, which are a great place to explore with kids. The gardens have a playground, a duck pond, and plenty of space to run around and explore. After a run around the gardens, head to Bury St Edmunds Cathedral for a spot of Lunch in the Chapter House Café. The Cathedral is a beautiful, historic building, and the café is a great place to relax and refuel. If the weather is nice, pack a picnic lunch to enjoy in one of the many parks in Bury St Edmunds. If it’s raining, head to the movie theater or the indoor playground at Nowton Park. For a little bit of history, take a walking tour of the town center to learn about the buildings and monuments. And finally, end the day with a sweet treat from one of the many ice cream shops in town!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
1. Take a walk through Abbey Gardens – Abbey Gardens is a beautiful park in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. It is the perfect place to take a relaxing stroll with the kids.
2. Visit St Edmundsbury Cathedral – St Edmundsbury Cathedral is a beautiful and historic cathedral in the town centre. It is worth a visit for both the architecture and the history.
3. Go to the theatre – Bury St Edmunds has a lovely theatre which puts on regular shows and events. It is a great place to take the kids for some entertainment.
4. Have a picnic in Nowton Park – Nowton Park is a large park on the outskirts of Bury St Edmunds. It is the perfect place for a family picnic, with plenty of space to run around and play games.
5. Visit West Stow Anglo-Saxon Village – West Stow Anglo-Saxon Village is a fascinating history site which brings the past to life. The kids will love exploring the village and learning about life in Anglo-Saxon times.
6. Play in the playground at Thetford Forest – Thetford Forest is a huge forest which has plenty of activities for the kids to enjoy. The playground is a great spot to let them burn off some energy.
7. Go for a swim at Culford School pool – Culford School has a lovely swimming pool which is open to the public at certain times. It is a great place to take the kids for a swim and have some fun.
8. Visit Bury St Edmunds Art Gallery – Bury St Edmunds Art Gallery is a great place to take the kids to see some artwork. There are often exhibitions and activities going on, so there is always something new to see.
9. Climb constants Hill – Constants Hill is a small hill in the town centre which is great for climbing. The kids will love the challenge and the view from the top is fantastic.
10. explore the Abbey ruins – The Abbey ruins are a great place to explore and the kids will love clambering over the stones. It is a fascinating place with a lot of history.