Burlington, Iowa is a great place for families with young children. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep little ones entertained. The Crapo Park Zoo is a great place to see a variety of animals, and the Children’s Museum of Southeast Iowa is perfect for exploring and learning. Families can also enjoy the many parks and playgrounds scattered throughout the city, and take advantage of the many walking and biking trails. Plus, Burlington is home to a number of annual events that are great for kids, like the Balloon Fest and the Kiwanis Kiddie Karnival.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Burlington, Iowa
1. Visit the Crapo Park aquatic center to enjoy the water slides, lazy river, and zero-depth entry pool.
2. Head over to the FunCity Splash Pad and Water Park to cool off and play in the fountains and sprinklers.
3. For some dry fun, go to the FunCity Trampoline Park to jump around on the trampolines and play dodgeball.
4. Visit the Mississippi Riverfront to stroll along the paved pathway, fish off the dock, or have a picnic.
5. Go on a Segway tour of Burlington with Segway of the Quad Cities to see the sights.
6. Rent a Stand Up Paddle Board or kayak from PaddleStagecoach to paddle around on the Mississippi.
7. Play a round of mini golf at FunCity, go-karts at Skippy’s Karting, or laser tag at Q-Zar.
8. Check out the small animals and reptiles at thecrittercorral, or see the larger ones at the Crapo Park Zoo.
9. Walk through the Burlington Botanical Gardens or take a ride on themini train.
10. Learn about history at the Heritage Center or the Pioneer Landfill & Air Museum.