There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Burke, Virginia! For starters, the Burke Centre Library is a great place to take kids of all ages. They offer plenty of programs and activities for kids to take part in, such as story times, STEM programs, and more. The Centre also has a beautiful outdoor area where kids can run around and play.
If you’re looking for something a little more active, head over to the James Madison Recreation Center. They offer a variety of sports and fitness programs for kids, as well as a playground and a pool.
If the weather is nice, you can also take advantage of all the great hiking and biking trails in the area. Burke Lake Park is a great place to start, and there are plenty of other trails in the surrounding area.
Finally, if you’re looking for something educational, the Fairfax Museum and Visitor’s Center is a great option. They offer a variety of exhibits and programs on local history, and they also have a kids’ corner where kids can play and learn.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Burke, Virginia
1. Visit the Burke Farmers Market:
The Burke Farmers Market features over 20 vendors selling fresh fruits, vegetables, eggs, honey, flowers, baked goods, herbs, and more. The market also has live music and free parking.
2. Go on a hike: Burke is home to many trails, including the Burke Lake Park Trail, the Fairfax Cross County Trail, and the Washington & Old Dominion Railroad Regional Park. These trails offer a great way to explore the area and get some exercise.
3. Visit the Civil War Battlefields: Burke is home to several Civil War battlefields, including the First Battle of Bull Run, the Second Battle of Bull Run, and the Battle of Chantilly. These battlefields are a great way to learn about the history of the area and see where some of the most important battles of the war were fought.
4. Play at the park: Burke has several parks, including Burke Lake Park, Robinson District Park, and Fairview Beach Park. These parks offer a great place to enjoy the outdoors, play sports, picnicking, and more.
5. Go fishing: Burke is home to several lakes, including Burke Lake, Robinson Lake, and Fairfax Station Lake. These lakes offer a great place to fish for bass, trout, and other fish. A fishing license is required.
6. Visit the Animal Shelter: The Fairfax County Animal Shelter is located in Burke and is a great place to adopt a new pet. The shelter has a wide variety of animals, including Dogs, Cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, and more.
7. Go to the Library: The Burke Centre Library is a great place to check out books, use the computers, participate in programs, and more.
8. Go to the Recreation Center: The Burke Centre Recreation Association offers a variety of recreational activities, including a swimming pool, tennis courts, a playground, and more.
9. Play disc golf: Burke has a 18-hole disc golf course located at the Burke Lake Park. This is a great activity for people of all ages and skill levels.
10. Take a scenic drive: There are several scenic drives in Burke, including the George Washington Memorial Parkway and the Fairfax County Parkway. These drives offer a great way to see the area and enjoy the views.