Welcome to Burgaw, North Carolina! This charming town is full of kid-friendly activities that will keep your little ones entertained. The Burgaw Public Library has a great selection of children’s books, and the town’s parks are perfect for an afternoon of play. The Pender County Museum is also a great option for a rainy day, and the kids will love learning about the town’s history. If you’re looking for a unique activity, be sure to check out the North Carolina State Burgaw Railroad Museum. Here, your kids can explore historic locomotives and learn about the town’s railroad history. There are also several great restaurants in Burgaw that offer kid-friendly menus, so you can rest assured that everyone in your family will be well-fed. Thanks for choosing Burgaw as your family vacation destination!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Burgaw, North Carolina
1. Head to the Burgaw Train Depot to check out historic locomotives, tour the Old Courthouse, and learn about the area’s rich railroad history.
2. Stroll through the Burgaw Historic District and admire the charming Victorian-style homes and buildings.
3. Visit the Johnnie Mercer’s Pier for fishing, picnicking, and stunning views of the Cape Fear River.
4. Play a round of miniature golf at the River’s Edge Golf Complex.
5. cool off with a refreshing swim at the Burgaw Aquatic Center.
6. explore the nature trails and boardwalks at the Pender County Environmental Education Center.
7. go for a leisurely bike ride on the Greenway Trail.
8. try your hand at fishing at one of the many rivers and lakes in the area.
9. catch a movie at the Drive-In Movie Theater.
10. enjoy a delicious meal or treat at one of the many family-friendly restaurants in Burgaw.