Situated in the Piney Woods of deep east Texas, Buffalo is a friendly town with a proud heritage. The town’s close-knit community, marshmallow-soft forgivenes anyone who’s a part of it. There are many kid friendly things to do in Buffalo.
The first place any visitor to Buffalo should go is the Centennial Museum and Chisolm Trail Heritage Center on the Wiley College campus. The museum chronicles the history of the city, including its founding by Polish immigrant Simon Dragan in 1866 and its development as a stop on the legendary Chisholm Trail cattle drive route. buffalo also has a number of parks perfect for a family picnic or a game of catch, including unfair Park, Simon Dragan Memorial Park and West End Park.
For the more adventurous kids, Buffalo is the perfect place to start exploring the great outdoors. With its dense forests, Buffalo is a nature lover’s paradise, and there are plenty of trails and lakes perfect for hiking, biking and fishing. For something truly unique, families can go on a buffalo safari at the nearby Texas Safari Ranch.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Buffalo, Texas
1. Have a picnic in one of Buffalo’s many parks, such as Beaumont Park or City Park.
2. Go fishing in one of Buffalo’s many lakes, such as Buffalo Lake or Lake Jackson.
3. Take a swim in one of Buffalo’s many pools, such as the Buffalo Municipal Pool or the Lake Jackson Aquatic Center.
4. Play a game of tennis at one of Buffalo’s many tennis courts, such as the Beaumont Park Tennis Courts or the Lake Jackson Tennis Courts.
5. Play a game of basketball at one of Buffalo’s many basketball courts, such as the Beaumont Park Basketball Courts or the Lake Jackson Basketball Courts.
6. Play a game of baseball at one of Buffalo’s many baseball fields, such as the Beaumont Park Baseball Field or the Lake Jackson Baseball Field.
7. Take a hike through one of Buffalo’s many nature trails, such as the Beaumont Park Nature Trail or the Lake Jackson Nature Trail.
8. Go biking through one of Buffalo’s many bike trails, such as the Beaumont Park Bike Trail or the Lake Jackson Bike Trail.
9. Play a round of golf at one of Buffalo’s many golf courses, such as the Beaumont Municipal Golf Course or the Lake Jackson Golf Course.
10. Visit one of Buffalo’s many museums, such as the Buffalo Museum of Fine Arts or the Lake Jackson Historical Museum.