Buea has a lot to offer families with young children. The town is home to many parks, including the Buea Municipal Park and the Wotse-Wotse Park. both of which have playgrounds and picnic areas. There are also several nature trails in the area that are perfect for exploring with kids. The Buea Zoo is another great option for families, as it is home to many different animals and a variety of educational programs.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Buea, Cameroon
1. Take a hike up Mount Cameroon: Mount Cameroon is the tallest mountain in all of Africa, and hiking to the top is a popular activity for both locals and visitors alike. The hike can be challenging, but the views from the summit are truly breathtaking.
2. Visit the Baking Botanical Garden: The Baking Botanical Garden is a must-see for any nature lover. With over 200 different species of plants, it’s one of the most diverse gardens in all of Cameroon.
3. Go on a safari: Cameroon is home to some of the most amazing wildlife in all of Africa. Going on a safari is a great way to see animals like lions, elephants, and gorillas in their natural habitat.
4. Visit the Lake Oku Crater: The Lake Oku Crater is one of the most unique sights in Cameroon. The crater is home to a pristine lake that is surrounded by lush vegetation. It’s a truly magical place.
5. Go whitewater rafting: For thrill seekers, whitewater rafting down the wild Wouri River is a must. The rapids can be challenging, but the experience is unforgettable.
6. Explore the Kribi-Douala rainforest: The Kribi-Douala rainforest is one of the most pristine and beautiful rainforests in all of Africa. It’s a great place to see unique plants and animals, and to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
7. Visit the monkey sanctuaries: Cameroon is home to two monkey sanctuaries, where you can see these playful creatures up close. It’s a great way to learn about conservation and the importance of protecting these endangered animals.
8. Go bird watching: Cameroon is a bird lover’s paradise, with over 700 different species of birds. The best place to go bird watching is in the Mbam-Djerem National Park.
9. Take a dip in a natural hot spring: Cameroon is home to several natural hot springs, where you can relax and soak in the medicinal waters.
10. Visit the Cameroonian Royal Palace: The Cameroonian Royal Palace is a beautiful and imposing building that is worth a visit. It’s a great way to learn about the country’s rich history and culture.