Buckner is home to many kid-friendly attractions that are perfect for a day out with the family. The city’s park system is top-notch, with plenty of green space to explore. The Buckner Zoo is also a great place to take the kids, where they can see all sorts of animals up close. If you’re looking for something a little more active, the city also has a great community pool that’s perfect for a summer day. And of course, no trip to Buckner is complete without a stop at the famous Dari-Dip ice cream shop!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Buckner, Illinois
1. Visit the Apple Orchard- The Buckner Apple Orchard is a great place to pick your own apples and enjoy a fall day.
2. Take a Hayride- A hayride around the Buckner Apple Orchard is a great way to see the sights and get a little exercise.
3. Visit the Pumpkin Patch- The Buckner Pumpkin Patch is a great place to find the perfect pumpkin for your jack-o-lantern.
4. Go on a Nature Walk- A nature walk is a great way to get some fresh air and see the sights of Buckner.
5. Feed the Ducks- The ducks at the Buckner Duck Pond are always hungry and love to be fed.
6. Play in the Park- The Buckner Park is a great place to play on the swings, slide down the slide, and run around.
7. Go Fishing- The Buckner pond is a great place to go fishing. You can even catch your own dinner!
8. Go Camping- Camping is a great way to spend some time in nature and experience all that Buckner has to offer.
9. Have a Picnic- A picnic is a great way to enjoy the outdoors and the company of your friends and family.
10. Go Berry Picking- The Buckner Berry Farm is a great place to pick your own berries. You can even make your own jam!