Bucklin, Kansas is a historic small town located in Ford County in the western Kansas plains. The town is home to a variety of kid-friendly activities. The Ford County Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the area. The Bucklin Rodeo is a great summer event for the whole family. The Bucklin Pool is open to the public and is a great place to cool off on a hot summer day. The Bucklin Public Library is a great place to find books and resources for kids of all ages. The Bucklin Park is a great place to take a walk, have a picnic, or play on the playground.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Bucklin, Kansas
1. Take a hike at the scenic Meadowlark Hills Nature Preserve. With over 10 miles of hiking trails, this preserve is a great place to explore the great outdoors with your kids.
2. Check out the interactive exhibits at the Dodge City Zoo. Your kids will love getting up close and personal with the animals at this small but fun zoo.
3. Visit the Boot Hill Museum. This unique museum tells the story of the Wild West through the people who lived it. Your kids will love seeing all the guns and outlaw memorabilia.
4. Go for a swim at Bucklin City Pool. This public pool is the perfect place to cool off on a hot summer day.
5. Take a ride on the Bucklin City Trolley. This historic trolley takes you on a tour of the town, pointing out all the important landmarks along the way.
6. Visit the Kansas Star vintage carousel. This beautiful carousel has been fully restored and is a must-see for any child.
7. See a movie at the Boot Hill Drive-In. This classic drive-in theater is the perfect place to take the family for a fun night out.
8. Play a round of mini golf at the Cliff’s Drive-In Golf. This 18-hole mini golf course is perfect for a fun family outing.
9. Tour the Old faithful Museum. This museum is full of interesting artifacts and exhibits about the history of Kansas.
10. Get your hands dirty at the Dig It! Archaeology Experience. This hands-on museum lets kids experience what it’s like to be an archaeologist.