If you’re looking for fun things to do with kids in Buckland, Alaska, you won’t be disappointed. From exploring the town’s historic buildings to playing in the nearby parks, there are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep everyone entertained.
One of the most popular kid-friendly attractions in Buckland is the Buckland Museum. This museum is filled with artifacts and exhibits that tell the history of the area. Kids will love learning about the town’s past while viewing the interesting items on display.
Another popular activity for kids in Buckland is playing in one of the town’s many parks. From the large and open Buckland City Park to the smaller and more intimate Pioneer Park, there’s a park for every kid’s taste. These parks are perfect for a picnic lunch or an afternoon of running and playing.
If you’re looking for a more active adventure, consider taking the kids hiking or biking on one of the many trails in the area. There are trails of all difficulty levels, so you can find one that’s perfect for your family. And, if you want to take in the sights of the area, there are plenty of scenic overlooks to enjoy along the way.
No matter what your family enjoys, you’ll find plenty of kid-friendly things to do in Buckland, Alaska.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Buckland, Alaska
1. Visit the Alaska Zoo – The Alaska Zoo is a great place to take your kids to see some of Alaska’s most popular animals. The zoo offers a variety of animal exhibits, educational programs, and fun events for kids of all ages.
2. Go fishing at the Kenai River – The Kenai River is a great place to go fishing with your kids. The river is home to a variety of fish, including salmon, trout, and whitefish. You can also go crabbing and prawning in the river.
3. Visit the Alaskan Native Heritage Center – The Alaskan Native Heritage Center is a great place to learn about the culture and history of Alaska’s Native people. The center offers a variety of cultural programs and events for kids of all ages.
4. hike on the Chilkoot Trail – The Chilkoot Trail is a great place to take a hike with your kids. The trail offers stunning views of the Alaska landscape and is a great way to get some exercise.
5. Visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center – The Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center is a great place to see a variety of Alaska’s wildlife up close. The center offers a variety of educational programs and events for kids of all ages.
6. Go camping in Denali National Park – Denali National Park is a great place to go camping with your kids. The park offers a variety of camping sites, hiking trails, and educational programs.
7. Take a scenic train ride on the Alaska Railroad – The Alaska Railroad is a great way to see some of Alaska’s stunning scenery. The railroad offers a variety of scenic train rides, including the Denali Star and the Coastal Classic.
8. Visit the Anchorage Museum – The Anchorage Museum is a great place to learn about the history and culture of Alaska. The museum offers a variety of exhibits, educational programs, and events for kids of all ages.
9. Go sledding at the Hilltop Ski Area – The Hilltop Ski Area is a great place to go sledding with your kids. The ski area offers a variety of sledding hills, a ski school, and a variety of winter events.
10. Have fun at the Hoonah Tlingit Heritage Center – The Hoonah Tlingit Heritage Center is a great place to learn about the culture and history of the Tlingit people. The center offers a variety of cultural programs and events for kids of all ages.