Buchanan is a quaint town located in the Appalachian Mountains of Virginia. The town’s historic Main Street is lined with beautiful Victorian era homes and businesses. The town also has a lively arts scene with several art galleries and live music venues. Kids will enjoy exploring the many shops and restaurants Buchanan has to offer. There are also several kid-friendly attractions in the area, including the Appalachian Trail, the Luray Caverns, and the George Washington National Forest.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Buchanan, Virginia
1. Visit the heritage museum to learn about the town’s history.
2. Walk or bike along the towpath of the James River Canal.
3. Visit the dulcimer shop to learn about and try out this traditional Appalachian instrument.
4. Take a scenic drive along the Virginia Byways.
5. Take a hike on the Appalachian Trail.
6. Go fishing in the James River.
7. Visit the Farmer’s Market on Saturdays to buy fresh local produce.
8. Pick apples at a local apple Orchard.
9. Visit the old train station and learn about Buchanan’s role in the Civil War.
10. Take a pottery class at a local studio.