Brunswick is a great place for families with young children. There are many kid-friendly activities to do in the city, such as visiting the Georgia Sea Turtle Center, going on a dolphin tour, or exploring the Jekyll Island Wildlife Center. Kids will also enjoy playing in the parks, swimming in the pool, or visiting the local zoo. For a more creative activity, families can participate in one of the many art classes offered in Brunswick.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Brunswick, Georgia
1. Visit the beach: Head to St. Simons Island or Jekyll Island for a day of beach fun. Don’t forget to pack the sunscreen!
2. Explore the local museums: Visit the Brunswick History Museum or the Frederica Museum for a guided tour of Brunswick’s past.
3. Get up close and personal with wildlife: Take a dolphin watching tour or go on a nature hike at the Sea Island Coastal Wildlife Refuge.
4. Visit a local plantation: Stroll through the grounds of the Hofwyl-Broadfield Plantation or the Andalusia Farm and get a taste of life on a Southern plantation.
5. Go crabbing: No trip to Brunswick is complete without going crabbing in the local marshes. Drop your line and see what you can catch!
6. Play a round of golf: tee off at one of Brunswick’s many championship golf courses, including the Sea Island Golf Club or the Hampton Club.
7. Take a scenic boat tour: For a relaxing way to see the sights, hop onboard a riverboat cruise or a charter fishing trip.
8. Shop til you drop: Browse the unique shops in Brunswick’s historic downtown district or find the perfect souvenir at one of the city’s many malls.
9. Indulge in some Southern cuisine: Savour the flavours of Brunswick with a stop at a local seafood restaurant or barbecue joint.
10. Catch a show: See a live performance at the Historic Ritz Theatre or the Glynn Visual Arts Center.