There is no shortage of kid friendly activities in Brownwood, Texas. From museums to parks to bowling alley, there is something for every type of kid. The Brownwood Museum of Fine Arts is a great place to take kids who are interested in art. They can explore the different exhibits and even participate in some of the museum’s art classes. The Mayborn Museum Complex is another great option for kids who love to learn. They can see real dinosaur bones, explore a life-sized replica of a Caddo Indian village, and even pan for gold. Brownwood also has several parks that are perfect for an afternoon of play. The Brownwood Lions Park has a playground, a splash pad, and a pond for fishing. Kids can also burn off some energy at any of Brownwood’s several indoor and outdoor bowling alleys.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Brownwood, Texas
1. Visit the Dixie Deer Classic- The Dixie Deer Classic is a hunting and outdoor exposition that takes place annually in Brownwood. It is the perfect place to take the kids if they are interested in hunting or just being outdoors. There are exhibits on deer hunting, fishing, and other outdoor activities. There are also plenty of booths selling hunting and outdoor gear.
2. Go fishing at Lake Brownwood- Lake Brownwood is a great place to take the kids fishing. There are many boat ramps and docks around the lake where you can fish from. There are also plenty of areas to fish from the shore. The lake is stocked with bass, catfish, and other fish.
3. Take a hike on the Greenbelt Trail- The Greenbelt Trail is a 7.5 mile trail that goes around Lake Brownwood. It is a great place to take a hike with the kids. The trail is relatively flat and easy to hike. There are plenty of places to stop and rest along the way.
4. Visit the Early Childhood Center- The Early Childhood Center is a great place to take young children. There are many activities for children to do, including a playground, a splash pad, and a petting zoo. There is also an educational component to the center with classrooms and exhibits.
5. Go to the Brownwood Municipal Park- The Brownwood Municipal Park is a great place to take the kids to play. There is a playground, a sprayground, a swimming pool, and a disc golf course. There are also pavilions and picnic areas.
6. Take a trip to the Brownwood Zoo- The Brownwood Zoo is a great place to take the kids. There are many animals to see, including lions, tigers, bears, and birds. There is also a playground and a picnic area.
7. Go to the Brownwood Museum of Fine Arts- The Brownwood Museum of Fine Arts is a great place to take the kids to see some art. There are many exhibits of paintings, sculptures, and other art forms. There is also an educational component to the museum with classrooms and exhibits.
8. Visit the Brownwood Farmer’s Market- The Brownwood Farmer’s Market is a great place to take the kids to get some fresh air. There are many vendors selling fresh produce, flowers, and other items. There is also live music and entertainment.
9. Go to the Brownwood Public Library- The Brownwood Public Library is a great place to take the kids to read or do some research. There are many books, magazines, and other materials. There is also an exhibit area and a meeting room.
10. Take a walk or ride your bike on the Brownwood Rail-Trail- The Brownwood Rail-Trail is a great place to take a walk or ride your bike. The trail is 14 miles long and goes through some beautiful scenery. There are also many places to stop and rest along the way.