There are many kid friendly things to do in Brookings, Oregon. The Oregon Coast Aquarium is a great place to take the kids. They can explore the various exhibits and learn about the different types of sea life. There is also a touch pool where they can touch different types of sea creatures. Another great place to take the kids is the Brookings Harbor Golf Course. They can hit some balls, putt around, and have a great time. For the kids that like to stay active, there is also the Azalea Park. They can run around, play on the playground, and explore the different trails.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Brookings, Oregon
1. Visit the Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area – The Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area is a stretch of coastline along the Pacific Ocean that is covered in sand dunes. Visitors can enjoy hiking, camping, fishing, and picnicking in this natural setting.
2. Whale watching – Brookings is an excellent place to go whale watching! Every year, grey whales migrate past Brookings on their way to their breeding grounds in the waters off of Mexico.
3. Visit Harris Beach State Park – Harris Beach State Park is a beautiful state park located just north of Brookings. The park offers a sandy beach, hiking trails, and a variety of wildlife.
4. Go fishing – Brookings is a great place to go fishing! The Brookings Harbor is home to a variety of fish including salmon, steelhead, and trout. There are also several charter boat companies that offer fishing trips.
5. Visit the Chetco River – The Chetco River is a beautiful river that flows through Brookings. Visitors can enjoy fishing, kayaking, and rafting on the river.
6. Visit the Coquille River Lighthouse – The Coquille River Lighthouse is a historic lighthouse located in Brookings. The lighthouse offers tours, and the grounds are open to the public.
7. High Desert Museum – The High Desert Museum is a museum located in Bend, Oregon that showcases the history and culture of the High Desert region. The museum features a variety of exhibits, and the grounds are open to the public.
8. Lava Beds National Monument – The Lava Beds National Monument is a volcanic site located in Northern California. The Monument offers a variety of hiking trails, and visitors can also view petroglyphs and lava tubes.
9. Newberry National Volcanic Monument – The Newberry National Volcanic Monument is a volcanic site located in central Oregon. The Monument offers a variety of hiking trails, and visitors can also view volcanic craters.
10. Smith Rock State Park – Smith Rock State Park is a state park located in central Oregon. The park offers a variety of hiking trails, and visitors can also rock climb and rappel.