Brookfield is home to many kid-friendly places and activities. The community is proud to have a variety of places that welcome families and offer activities for all ages. The local library offers many programs for children, including story time and crafts. The public park has a playground, splash pad, and walking trails. There are also plenty of kid-friendly restaurants in town, like the ice cream shop and pizza place. For indoor fun, there is a arcade and bowling alley. Families can also enjoy the Brookfield Zoo, which is one of the largest zoos in the country.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Brookfield, New York
1. Visit the Brookfield Museum and Historical Society – The Brookfield Museum and Historical Society is located in the historic176-year-old 1812 stagecoach tavern. The museum has three floors of exhibits that focus on the local history of Brookfield. There are also many different events and programs that are held throughout the year.
2. Go fishing at the registered fishing hole on Stewart’s Brook – Stewart’s Brook is a beautiful place to fish with your family. It is a registered fishing hole with the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
3. Attend a show at the Covered Bridge Theater – The Covered Bridge Theater is a professional theater company that produces shows for all ages. They have a children’s theater series that runs from June through August.
4. Visit the Bushnell’s Basin Park and Pavilion – Bushnell’s Basin Park and Pavilion is a great place to spend the day with your family. There are walking trails, a playground, picnic tables, and a pavilion that can be rented for events.
5. Have a family game night at the Barker Brook Community Center – The Barker Brook Community Center has a game room that can be rented for family game nights. They have a variety of board games and video games that everyone can enjoy.
6. Go on a nature hike at the Barker Brook Nature Preserve – The Barker Brook Nature Preserve is a great place to explore the outdoors. There are miles of hiking trails that wind through the woods and offer views of the brook.
7. Play mini golf at the Country Club of Hamilton – The Country Club of Hamilton has an 18-hole mini golf course that is open to the public. It is a great place to spend an afternoon with the family.
8. Visit the Colgate Clock – The Colgate Clock is a 24-foot-tall clock that is located in the center of town. It is a landmark that has been in Brookfield since 1883.
9. Get ice cream at the Littlevas Dari Bar – The Littlevas Dari Bar is a local ice cream shop that has been in business since 1950. They have a variety of flavors of ice cream that will sure to be a hit with the kids.
10. Go swimming at the Barker Brook Community Pool – The Barker Brook Community Pool is a great place to cool off in the summer months. It is open to the public and has a shallow kiddie pool for the little ones.