Brixton is a great place for kids! There are plenty of things to do to keep them entertained. For starters, they can explore Windmill Gardens, an award-winning park with plenty of green space to run around in. If they’re into art, a visit to the Brixton Windmill Museum is a must. They can learn all about the history of the windmill and see how it’s still used today. For the more adventurous kids, Brixton Market is the place to be. They can explore the stalls, try new foods, and even haggle with the vendors! And when they’re ready to relax, a walk through Brockwell Park is the perfect way to end the day.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Brixton, United Kingdom
1. Visit Brixton Market: Brixton Market is a great place to find fresh produce, delicious food, and interesting people. The market is open every day except Sundays.
2. Check out the street art: Brixton is known for its vibrant street art scene. There are murals and graffiti all over the neighborhood.
3. Visit the Windmill: The Windmill is a Brixton landmark. It’s a Grade II listed building and is now a museum.
4. Eat at Morley’s: Morley’s is a Brixton institution. The fried chicken is some of the best in London.
5. Drink at the Brixton Academy: The Brixton Academy is a world-famous music venue. It’s also a great place to have a drink.
6. Go to a football match: Brixton is home to two professional football teams: Millwall FC and Lambeth FC.
7. Ride the ferris wheel: Brixton has a ferris wheel that offers great views of the city.
8. Visit the electric avenue: The electric avenue is a street in Brixton that’s home to a number of independent businesses.
9. Catch a play at the Ritzy: The Ritzy is a Brixton institution. It’s a theatre that’s been showing plays, movies, and more since 1911.
10. Take a trip on the Brixton tube: The Brixton tube station is the deepest station on the London Underground. It’s also one of the most interesting, with its art deco design.