There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Brive-la-Gaillarde, France! For starters, the city has a large pedestrian zone perfect for strolling and window shopping. There are also several green spaces and parks, including the Jardin des Plantes which has a playground and a petting zoo. Families can also enjoy a day at the local water park or take a leisurely boat ride on the Correze River. Other kid friendly activities in Brive-la-Gaillarde include visiting the city’s museums and churches, or taking a ride on the famous Brive-la-Gaillarde tourist train.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Brive-La-Gaillarde, France
1. Visit the La Maison des Vautours.
2. La Maison des Vautours is a bird of prey centre which was created in order to rehabilitate and release injured birds of prey back into the wild. The centre is also home to over 30 birds of prey, including eagles, vultures, buzzards, and kites.
3. Take a scenic walk or bike ride along the borders of the town.
4. Visit the picturesque Abbey of Notre-Dame des Dombes.
5. tour the ancient town walls.
6. explore the market square and grab some fresh produce or tasty treats.
7. hike or bike up to the nearby plateau for some stunning views.
8. cool off with a refreshing swim in one of the town’s public pools.
9. enjoy a game of petanque or tennis in one of the town’s parks.
10. Visit the Centre d’Art Contemporain for some modern art.