Bristol is home to the popular Otter Creek Waterfalls, just a short walk from the center of town. The cascading falls are a favorite spot for families to cool off on hot summer days. The falls are also a great place to explore the natural world and get some fresh air.
The town’s public beach on Lake Champlain is another great spot for families. Here you can swim, sunbathe, paddleboard, and more. The beach also has a playground and picnic area, making it the perfect spot for a day out.
If you’re looking for some culture, Bristol is home to the Holley Gallery, which features rotating exhibitions of local and regional artists. The gallery is located in the historic district of town, and is a great place to spend an afternoon.
For a taste of local history, be sure to visit the Bristol Historical Society Museum. The museum is housed in an 18th-century farmhouse and features exhibits on the area’s history and culture.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Bristol, Vermont
1. Bike or walk around town – Bristol is a small town located in the Champlain Valley of Vermont. There are many trails and paths that wind around the town, making it a great place to explore on foot or by bicycle.
2. Visit the Farmer’s Market – Every Saturday from May through October, the Bristol Farmer’s Market is held in downtown Bristol. Local farmers and vendors sell a variety of fresh fruits, vegetables, meats, cheeses, and other artisanal foods.
3. Visit the Mount Abraham State Park – Mount Abraham State Park is located just outside of Bristol and is a great place to hike, mountain bike, or simply enjoy the stunning views of the Green Mountains.
4. Go fishing – Bristol is located on the western shores of Lake Champlain, making it a great place to go fishing. There are several public fishing access points located around town.
5. Have a picnic – With so many beautiful parks and public spaces, Bristol is the perfect place to enjoy a picnic lunch or dinner.
6. Go swimming – In the summer months, the town beach at Holbrook Park is the perfect place to take a dip in Lake Champlain.
7. Take a scenic drive – The Champlain Valley is full of beautiful scenery and Bristol makes a great base for exploring it. Take a drive up to the mountaintop village of Stowe or down to Burlington for a day of shopping and dining.
8.Visit the Vermont Country Store – The Vermont Country Store is a beloved landmark in the town of Norwich, just a short drive from Bristol. The store is full of nostalgic items, local Vermont foods, and other unique merchandise.
9. Hike to a waterfall – Bristol is home to several waterfalls, including those located at Kirby Falls and Ira Brook Falls. Both are easily accessible and make for a great hike.
10. Enjoy the fall foliage – Bristol is located in the heart of Vermont’s famous fall foliage season. Take a drive or a hike and enjoy the stunning colors of the leaves.