Brierley Hill is a historic town located in the Dudley borough of the West Midlands, England. The town is situated on the edge of the Black Country, about 5 miles (8 km) southwest of central Dudley.
Brierley Hill is home to many kid-friendly attractions, including the Meadows Children’s Farm, the Brierley Hill Civic Hall, and the Merry Hill Shopping Centre. The Meadows Children’s Farm is a working farm that offers kids the opportunity to pet and feed the animals, and learn about farm life. The Brierley Hill Civic Hall is a multi-purpose events venue that hosts a variety of events and activities for kids, such as dance classes, martial arts classes, and birthday parties. The Merry Hill Shopping Centre is a large indoor shopping mall with over 200 stores, restaurants, and cafes, as well as a cinema, bowling alley, and play area.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Brierley Hill, United Kingdom
1. Visit Dudley Zoo and Castle: Kids will love getting up close and personal with all the animals at Dudley Zoo, from endangered tigers and lions to meerkats and giraffes. They can also explore the historic castle, which is over 800 years old, and learn all about its fascinating past.
2. Enjoy a day out at Drayton Manor Park: Drayton Manor Park is a great day out for the whole family, with over 100 rides and attractions, including Thomas Land, Dickinson’s Real Deal and Air Race.
3. Play at Merry Hill Playzone: Merry Hill Playzone is a large indoor play centre with plenty of fun activities for kids to enjoy, including a soft play area, climbing wall and ball pit.
4. Go on a nature walk at Wren’s Nest National Nature Reserve: Wren’s Nest National Nature Reserve is a great place to explore the great outdoors, with miles of walking trails to follow and plenty of wildlife to spot along the way.
5. Visit the Black Country Living Museum: The Black Country Living Museum is a must-visit for any history buffs, with over 26 acres of land to explore, recreating life in the Black Country during the Victorian era.
6. Take a trip on the Severn Valley Railway: The Severn Valley Railway is a heritage steam railway which runs for 16 miles through the stunning countryside of Shropshire and Worcestershire.
7. Join in the fun at Summer Camp: Summer Camp is a great way for kids to make new friends and have lots of fun, with a variety of activities on offer, including arts and crafts, sports and games.
8. Get active at Brierley Hill Adventure Park: Brierley Hill Adventure Park is the perfect place to let off some steam, with a range of outdoor activities on offer, including bouldering, zip wiring and high ropes.
9. Discover the world of dinosaurs at The Dinosaur Adventure: The Dinosaur Adventure is a great day out for any dinosaur fans, with over 50 life-size dinosaurs to see, plus a range of fun activities and rides.
10. Learn about mining at The National Coal Mining Museum: The National Coal Mining Museum is a great place to learn about the history of mining, with a range of interactive exhibits, plus a mine shaft to explore.